Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Editing Blog

  I began to edit 3 days after I filmed. Before editing, I had to return all of my filming equipment to Ms.Cats. I also had to dump my files and save them for future use. On Tuesday morning I returned all my equipment and signed them back in. This equipment included a tripod and camera, the SD card would be returned later. After I completed this, Ms.Cats lent me an SD card reader to dump my files. When I checked out my computer, I moved the files to the laptop. Next, i saved them to my flash drive under "Old Town Road". I then cleaned up my space and checked back in my computer. Lastly, I returned the SD card and reader back to Ms.Cats.
  The next day, I returned to class and began to edit. First, I checked out my laptop and retrieved my flash drive. My folder was on my flash drive as I left it. After checking my files to see if all were there, I opened pinnacle studios. Next, I imported my 67 files. This took a couple of minutes and while I waited, I re-watched some of my scenes/takes. When they finished importing, I remembered that I needed the audio file to start editing. I asked around and my classmates told me that I could use a youtube converter website to do so. On this website, I had to paste the link of the youtube audio into the bar so it would download. As soon as it finished downloading, I saved the audio file to my flash drive.
  I then imported the audio file into pinnacle studios from my flash drive. Next, I reviewed my clips to see which ones I would use when. Before i began putting the clips in place, I cut the audio down to the first minute and seven seconds. Next, I began to put the videos in place based on the parts of the song. I had to cut down several clips in order to fit them all. I also detached the audio on the videos. this was so that the only thing being heard would be the audio file. After this, I reviewed my clips to make sure everything was in place. I then exported it into a movie file and emailed it to myself. I would add the effects later on an editing app I use on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment