Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Filming Blog

  Before I began filming I had to gather all the equipment together. First, I filled out the form that allowed me to check the equipment out. Ms.Cats then gave me all the equipment necessary; this included a tripod, camera, pass, and SD card. Before I left the classroom to film, I asked Ms.Cats and my fellow peers, any questions I had on how to use the equipment. I then followed my storyboard and went to the first scene's location: the school's entrance through the bus loop. First, I took a couple takes recording the "Fort Lauderdale High School" sign and saying: "welcome to Fort Lauderdale High School". This scene was considered an establishing shot. Next, I allowed my partner to take a few shots, copying my exact movements. I then recored three tapes of my partner standing below the sign and welcoming our audience to the school. After I finished up recording the tapes and securing the tripod, we moved to our next scene/location.
  For our next scene, we needed a flying L sign. After asking around, I managed to find a small flying L sign on one of our buildings. I got close to the sign so that it would look zoomed in on the camera, and took a couple takes recording the sign and having my partner voice: "home of the flying l's". My next stop was the cafeteria. On our way there, we came across the senior patio and I saw a huge flying L sign painted onto the concrete, I decided to redo the scenes we had just taken using this sign instead. I took several low angle and high angle shots of my partner standing on top of the L and repeating her line. I then took a wide shot introduction of the patio. We continued to move onto the cafeteria and I took a few shots inside the cafeteria. i then filmed my partner standing in front of the cafe sign and introducing it to the camera. Next, we moved to the front of the restrooms where several club signs were hung on a wall. I filmed my partner speaking briefly about the Cambridge and Law program. Then, I filmed her introducing a few of our school's clubs.
  After leaving the restrooms, I carried the camera and tripod to our track. I asked a student from another group if she would mind doing a jogging take for us and she agreed to it. I gave the equipment to my partner and I sat as she took a shot of the student jogging and saying: "this is our sport's field ". When she finished, I took a couple shots of the field and me talking over it, just incase we needed to do a voice-over. I had my partner stand under a tree and I took shots of her doing the outro to our commercial. After re-doing some shots, I took the equipment back to the classroom with 25 minutes left to dump. I turned in my pass once i got into the classroom. Next, I checked out an SD reader from Ms.Cats and inserted the SD card into it. Once I put the flash-drive into the computer, i began to dump all the clips into a new folder I created called: "Media folder". After checking to see if the clips were all saved, I removed the reader from my computer and returned it to Ms.Cats along with the rest of my equipment. Lastly, I logged out of my computer and listened to Ms.Cats explanation on how to complete this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment