Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Editing Fail Blog

  Hello. Welcome to my editing blog about how we were not able to edit. During our last Media studies class, I arrived eager and ready to edit our film. Before my partner even got to class, I was in my seat at one of our age-old computers and already logging in. Once my computer loaded, I double-checked that our footage was there. After watching a few clips, my partner and I got ready for the next steps, the actual editing process. I began to search for pinnacle studios but could not find it. Pinnacle studios is the application that we will be using to edit and create our films throughout the class. After alerting Ms.Cats of our issue, she made an announcement to our class. Apparently all the computers on our side of the rooms did not have Pinnacle studios.
  Ms.Cats explained to us that in order to install this application on our computers, we might need the assistance of the school's tech people. They were supposedly busy setting up for an event our school was having later that week. We tried to install them anyways. Our computers have been running since 2008 so they are extremely slow. After a while, Ms.Cats inserted a CD into my computer. She told me to alert her when anything popped up on the screen. She also told me alert her if the installation was successful. At first, nothing happened. My screen was blank for about 10 minutes. During these 10 minutes, I occupied myself with another assignment.
  Finally, a loading sign appeared on my screen. A question from the computer then popped up. It asked if I wanted to allow the app to make changes. I called Ms.Cats. She clicked the yes button and filled in the service username and password. After some time another loading screen appeared. The application was now installing. Ms.Cats told me to alert her if it fully installed. A quarter till the end of class, the application still hadn't installed. We needed new and updated computers. Ms.Cats told us all to move our footage onto a backup such as a flashdrive, just incase they got new computers over the weekend. She said that in the near future, we will be editing on laptops.

No comments:

Post a Comment