Thursday, November 7, 2019

Edtitng Blog

  After getting new laptops, we began editing on Monday. When I arrived to class I checked out a laptop and then started it up. After logging in, I inserted my flash drive to move all of our media files to the laptop. Next, I clicked on the Pinnacle Studios application and waited for it to load. The application took a while to load so I restarted the laptop upon Ms. Cat's request. The application acted the same after I restarted it so I put it away and checked out a new laptop. After logging into my new laptop, I moved the media files from my flash drive onto it. My partner and I tried the application again. This time, it took a couple minutes to load, but opened successfully. I took a few minutes to get myself familiar with the application.
  I successfully found my way around the application and began to import all of our footage onto it. Next, I went through the clips to see which ones could be of use in our commercial. I found an establishing scene clip where I introduced the audience to our school. It looked good; however, the audio wasn't quite fitting. I decided to do a voice-over. I had to play around a little until I was able to left click the mouse and find a tab that said "detach audio". Next, I found the video that I needed for the voice-over, detached the actual video, and left the sound on. This was all in a separate track. After watching the clip, it looked perfect. I then imported the next clip of the storyboard. The bell rang and it was time to go, we were told we would have time to finish editing next class.
  My partner and I continued to edit on Wednesday. I checked out our laptop as soon as I got to class and logged in. Before leaving on Monday, I saved the movie file to my flash-drive. Once my laptop loaded, I copied this file to our desktop. Next, I started pinnacle studios and reviewed our clips. I began to cut and import videos onto the track, putting together the commercial. All the clips were in order of the story board. After I finished putting them together, Ms. Cats watched the commercial, she liked it but we now needed to cut down some clips. The time exceeded the limit, 30 seconds, by 2 seconds. I began to edit the clips and added transitions such as, cross fades and dissolves. I also cut down come clips that could be cut. After watching our commercial, I exported it onto my flash-drive. I then emailed the final product to Ms. Cats and put away our laptops and supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment