Saturday, January 18, 2020

The home thriller story

  Welcome back to my Aice Media Studies blog. Today I will be narrowing my pitch choices from three to two. The two pitches I have chosen will be listed in the following. The first one is: “Jordan has the perfect life, or so he thought; when everyone turns on him and questions arise from his past, he must find a way out”. This pitch is about a teenage boy who believes he has everything he could ever need and want. Suddenly his life starts to change, questions from his past are dug up and close friends and family begin to turn on him. He will have to fight to make it out alive. The second pitch is: “ When the perfect student is kidnapped while leaving campus, everyone believes it’s random mistake; but this kidnapping wasn’t random at all”.
This pitch is about a young student who does well in school and seemingly has the perfect record. What everyone doesn’t know is that he has a secret life outside of school and got mixed up with some bad people which led to his kidnapping. I will be choosing one of these two pitches for my project. 

  The first pitch is about Jordan a teenage boy who supposedly has the perfect life. He was adopted at the age of 9 but honest it doesn’t remember much before that. He believes he has everything he could ever want. He has perfect parents, perfect girlfriend and even a perfect best friend. He gets good grades, plays basketball for his school team and his parents give him everything he wants, until he began asking questions about his adoption and the past. After this everything seems to go south and Jordan realizes that maybe his life isn’t what it seems. In reality Jordan’s whole life has been an experiment. This pitch is good for my assignment because I would be able to spin it really well. The plot leaves people guessing and a 2 minute clip of this movie would be less challenging to do. It would also leave the audience craving to know what happens next.
  
The second pitch is about a young high school student who is mysteriously kidnapped in the school parking lot. While everyone believes his kidnapping was random, this isn’t the case. The student, Jason, had a sick mom in the hospital and a poor auntie caring for him and his younger brother. Therefore, Jason was involved in things that he shouldn't have been in to make some extra money. The people who kidnaped him belong to a gang and want information that he cant afford to give up. Since the police has no clues, Jason has to find his way out of torture and save his life. This pitch would be good for my assignment because I could involve many plot twists into my 2 minute clip. This would make the movie appealing to the audience and leave them wanting more. The pitch I have chosen to use for my final task is the first pitch about Jordan. This is because it’s not only appealing to me but I believe it will be appealing to my audience and also has a good storyline that I can easily use to my benefit.


No comments:

Post a Comment