Friday, January 31, 2020

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

Hi, welcome back to my blog. Today I'm visiting different websites for my title research blogs. There are many different aspects that go into creating titles for opening scenes. You have to think about what will grab and keep the audience's attention. Creativity also plays an essential role. My teacher asked us to visit two websites in order to learn more about titles, one of these was artofthetitle.com. When I first entered this website, I saw may different movies. I was slightly confused about the purpose and then I realized the different title designs and they're importance in a film. I researched different title sequences and saw how they make the movie entertaining. The way your titles are designed is dependent on the genre of your film. For example, if you were to do a thriller or suspenseful movie, then the title design should be more on the dark side. And vice-versa. If your filming a kid's movie, then the title design and the opening scene would represent happy and giddy things. The website is black and contains different opening film examples. I also learned some of the best title sequences of 2018-2019. These scenes include movies from The Politician, Spider-man: into the spider-verse, and The Darkest Minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment